Thursday, April 17, 2014

Calm Mind/Relaxed Body

Good Day All: Calm Mind/Relaxed Body - easy for me to say, you say! Actually it is possible for each of us to attain a calm mind and a relaxed body. Just like ot6her skills you have learned, calming and relaxing are also skills, that must be learned and PRACTICED every day. Most of us do not remember how we began walking, talking, feeding ourselves, dressing, toileting, etc. These seem so natural to us, most of the time. (I do admit I have to check my buttons to see if I have them all lined up. I also have to occasionally wipe food off my clothes, or face, and I have been known to trip and fall on occasion. But, alas, I digress.) The reason that we are accomplished at the every day tasks is that we practiced them daily. Fast forward to Pre-school, Kindergarten, or First Grade (no Pre-School, in my early days). Then began the more difficult task of tying, skipping, reading, and the ever dreaded MATH. (Math would some day turn into more terror, with Algebra, when we were told we have to combine numbers and letters and solve for X. (I am still trying to solve for X. What does it mean anyway?!?!?!) Actually, algebra is the way the brain works. The brain is constantly trying to balance and solve and look for what is missing. This is part of the reason it seems difficult to calm and mind and relax the body. A few tips to do this is by simply repeating the phrase, "Calm Mind/Relaxed Body." As you learn the words (simple) and then practice them several times a day (not always easy, will become easier and very effective), you will feel more natural doing them, and you will be surprised and delighted at the effects. If you do not like, the phrase, "Calm Mind/Relaxed Body" you can substitute what seems more comfortable and natural for yourself. (Example: Clear Mind/Peaceful Body, or any other combination of a direction for your mind and body.) Enjoy this new exercise. Make a Great Day Dr. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment